The VPA Store: Little Gaddesden’s Own Garden Store
The VPA Store is open from 10:00am to 12 noon on Sundays.
We have requirements of social distancing, face coverings and sanitisers in place, and a limit of one at a time into the store. But despite those minor inconveniences…
We look forward to welcoming you!
- We take cards!
- Please pay by card (ideally contactless) rather than cash.
- Orders can still be placed online, e.g. via firstname.lastname@example.org – see below for other options.
- Payments to the VPA can be made online.
- Deliveries can be arranged
*Little Gaddesden Rules! is a private Facebook group for Little Gaddesden residents. Anyone can find it, but only members can see who’s in the group and what they post. If you aren’t a member but would like to join email email@example.com and, if you don’t know her, tell her a little bit about yourself and where you live.
We have a range of Garden Essentials and Bird feed on offer at competitive prices:
- Composts and Fertilisers
- Plant Foods
- Grass Seed
- Lawn Treatments
- Weed Killer
- Bug Killers and Fungicides
- Bird Food, including Bird Seed, Sunflower Hearts, Peanuts and Fat Balls
Friendly and professional advice – free!
All profits go to support local and village good causes.
For more information email us at store@LGVPA.org.
Please note we shall be following Covid-19 guidelines when we are open:
- Social distancing is to be maintained throughout at 2 metres, with a queue system operating.
- Customers will be asked for payment by card – ideally contactless.
- We shall work with a team of two and operate a hygiene regime and sanitise where appropriate.
Scroll down or click here for the Location and Opening Hours of Little Gaddesden’s own Garden Store.
We’re planning to expand this VPA Store section of our website, but in the meantime there are still…
The Village Produce Association is run entirely by volunteers and we are seeking more people to help us both in the store and to help us run the Summer and Winter Shows. We will only ask an occasional couple of hours from you. Volunteering for just one Sunday through the year would be really helpful to us.
You would be working alongside those of us who have been volunteering for a while. The skill set you would require is not vast. We all have talents and the VPA are asking you to be kind enough to share yours with us occasionally. We, in return, will share our friendship and knowledge with you so you will feel comfortable volunteering.
‘What’s in it for me?’, you might be asking. Well, the committee of the VPA is fairly new and we are hoping to present all our members with a totally new outlook. The store has been cleaned, painted and is currently being renovated to make it a little more hospitable.
As a volunteer we would like to offer you:-
- A pleasant way to spend part of your Sunday morning with great company.
- It is a chance to grow your gardening knowledge.
- You would receive a 10% discount on all products when you are on duty (sadly we are not able to extend this to every Sunday)
- Bulbs and plants (when in season) can be bought at wholesale prices but again only when you are on duty.
- You would receive reduced rates on any workshops or events we run
- We are Group Members of the Royal Horticultural Society and with that, comes certain additional benefits.
If you do decide to volunteer please contact Alison Townsend on 842421 or firstname.lastname@example.org or even pop into the store on a Sunday morning and see what we are all about.
The store is next to the Village Hall, in Church Road, Little Gaddesden, HP4 1NX:
Our normal opening hours are 10:00 am-12:00 noon on Sunday mornings. See the head of the page for any seasonal variations.
How does your garden grow?
Contrarily or not,
give it a helping hand with supplies from the VPA Store!